Thursday, October 09, 2008

Another day, another cookie

The chocolate chip cookies from ChikaLicious were thin, chewy and buttery. And they got me thinking about other chocolate chip cookies. There are so many beautiful variations out there. It's important to try them.

So I went to Amy's Bread and picked up one of theirs. I was admittedly wary. The cookie was on the brown side of golden brown. It was thick and big. I thought it was going to taste like a stale Italian cookie that hooks you its perfect looks only to be hard and crunchy and taste like absolutely nothing.

But Amy's are good. Soft and chewy. A nice almost savory flavor with warm buttery, sugary undertones. And generous semisweet chocolate chips. I like this project, tasting chocolate chip cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a project I need to get started on myself.

Cookie doesn't look like much but your description has me craving for it.