Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Sugar sweet omigoodness sunshine

I've heard so much about Sugar Sweet Sunshine. Everybody loves Sugar Sweet Sunshine. How is it that I only just went for the first time?

The cupcakes are sublime. Moist cake. Not-too-sweet frosting. Delicious flavors. The frosting-to-cake ratio errs just slightly on the ridiculous side. And at a $1.50 a pop, they're one of the city's best bargains.


Alex got the Pumpkin Spice. True to form, I got the “Ooey Gooey,” chocolate cake with chocolate almond buttercream frosting. Uh-mazing.

Alex loves their cupcakes.



Pigeons love their cupcakes. (What don’t they like, though.)



Labs, too. This one’s name was “Chowder.”



Now I understand why everyone loves Sugar Sweet's cupcakes.

126 Rivington at Essex
212.995.1960

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just reading your post about Billy's and Buttercup. I haven't tried Buttercup, but completely agree that Magnolia = overrated and Billy's = delicious. BUT Sugar Sweet Sunshine is by far my favorite cupcake shop in NYC! It's rare to find such a perfect marriage of tender, flavorful cake and sweet, melt-in-your-mouth frosting. Thanks for reminding me to visit the LES soon!