Monday, November 10, 2008

Places I wish were in New York: Tartine Bakery

Words cannot describe my love for this place.

I haven’t even sampled many things from Tartine Bakery. For example, I haven’t tried a croissant or pain au chocolat, both of which are the size of babies’ legs. I haven’t had a slice of Bavarian or hazelnut cake, which are so, so pretty. And I haven’t had an éclair, cookie, macaroon, brownie or scone. I know, I know… what am I waiting for? Good question.

But the two things I have had, the mixed berry bread pudding and now, the banana cream tart, are to die for.

Just look at this tart. The pastry shell is lined with dark chocolate and caramel. Then filled with bananas and pastry cream. And topped with sweet cream and generous shavings of rich chocolate. Needless to say, it’s an oozy, creamy, sweet-savory plate of deliciousness, and a good reason to keep coming back to San Francisco.

No comments: