Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Special little cupcakes

I love Butter Lane's uber fresh, top-quality cupcakes. I love Kumquat's mini cupcakes and inventive flavors like chocolate pistachio and coffee caramel bourbon. And, I am just always a sucker for Pichet's cream-filled cupcakes from Batch.

But cupcakes from ChikaLicious Dessert Club are a special breed of their own. Much ado has been made of the s'mores flavor and, with its marshmallow frosting and cinnamon-y cake, it is a fun treat. But the caramel is the one you want to get after. The burnt caramel flavor is super intense and hits the spot.

Other winners are the banana cupcake, with its tender cake and sweet but tangy frosting and the triple chocolate. With a chocolate ganache center, you can never go wrong.

204 East 10th Street between 2nd and 1st Avenues
212.475.0929

1 comment:

MaryBeth said...

All of the cupcakes look and sound so darn good, I don't care what kind just please share one with me...