Friday, November 26, 2010

Oh beautiful millefeuille

I had the pleasure of lunching at the La Cuisine the other day. It’s the fabulous restaurant inside the glamorous Royal Monceau. It’s also where Pierre Hermé, (whom I spied while leaving!) created the dessert menu—including a little “spin-the-wheel” carte that lets you create your own millefeuille.

From the luscious ingredients including caramel and lemon choux crème, flecks of dark chocolate and plump berries, I went with one of my favorite combinations...

Pistachio and raspberry.

Beautiful.

5 comments:

Lucie said...

I love the concept!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, beautiful. Looking at dessert is an immediate pick-me-up

Notes From ABroad said...

My first thought, reading this and waking up at the same time, was how would people react if you just picked it up and opened your mouth very wide and ....

and how good would that be ? :)

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

looks amazing even though I don't care for raspberries...I would try it... :)

cocoa and coconut said...

Mille feuille is one my favourites!