Wednesday, December 07, 2011

Around the world in San Francisco

Cocoa Bella is a wonderful chocolatier. In case you don’t have the time or funds to travel the world for your chocolates, you can get them all in Cow Hollow.

From Italy and Switzerland…


…to my beloved French Michel Cluizel and Belgian Mary.



Stateside, Cocoa Bella pulls some of the best artisanal chocolatiers you’ve never heard of.

Like Christopher Elbow from Kansas City, Missouri and Norman Love from Florida.


My trip around the world began, logically enough, back in Brussels. Cocoa Bella is the only U.S. carrier of Mary’s chocolates and the vanilla cream cookie bonbon was fantastique.

Michael Recchuiti’s sesame bonbon was lovely with an unexpected lightness, while Lillie Belle Farm’s blue cheese truffle, which I’ve wanted to try for years, just isn’t for me (but if you love blue cheese, the marriage with chocolate is as smooth as you could hope for).


Now that my 12 bonbons have been demolished (oops)...

...I might have to go back to score more chocolate loot.

2 comments:

Notes From ABroad said...

I have been sending your blog posts to my friends who live in SF and they are all agreeing with you 100% or telling me that they have to "go check it out" ... besitos, send chocolate. C

cocoa and coconut said...

I love European chocolate and it seems they have a lot. Chocolate heaven!