Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breakfast Decisions at Tartine Bakery

Banana cream pie for breakfast?? Even I know better than that.

But a million-layered croissant? They look wonderfully, seductively as good as Christophe Vasseur's croissants at Du Pain et des Idées, after all.

Or, even better, a pain au chocolat, speared with two batonettes of Valrhona goodness. Tempting, bien sur.

But ever the creature of habit...

... from all the beautiful temptations at San Francisco's Tartine Bakery, both savory and sweet...

I chose...

bread pudding.

Next time I go, I'm hoping the tart berries will be replaced with something decadent like chocolate and bananas.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only wish I lived in San Fran to be able to try each and every item on that list. But I must say, that bread pudding looks pretty smashing!

Parisbreakfasts said...

OMG
there you go again!
are you still in SF?
Have you been to Paris Baguette on W 32 st NYC?
just wondering...