Friday, March 02, 2012

The beauty of City Bakery

Now that the Hot Chocolate Festival is over (what flavors did you try?), let’s focus on the many splendored treats that riddle City Bakery on any given day.

If I visit on a Monday, I might have to indulge in the divine vegan sesame banana cakes.

The scones are good as far as scones go, but for my money, I’d go for the pretzel croissant. A City treasure for sure.


Then again, there’s French toast. French toast is never the wrong choice.


One of my favorite cookies in the city is the compactly potent peanut butter cookie. Heavenly.

Though the reverse chocolate chip cookies are pretty good too.

Pain au chocolat…


Bran and corn muffins…

You tell me: what's it going to be this weekend?

2 comments:

Leanne said...

In the midst of a lousy week, I was sick, then the cat was sick, I happened upon your book. It couldn't have come at a better time. Thanks for transporting me into your 'sweet' world.

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

I still have to get here if you would believe! Too many places on my list and not enough time to see them all
Thanx for the photos of the gems of pastry!!