Sunday, March 18, 2012

Heaven help me Hope's Cookies

I’m often asked what my favorite dessert is. Which is next to impossible to answer. There are just so many amazing possibilities. It depends on my mood, my company, the time of the day, the season… it’s complicated business, this sweets obsession.

Unless we’re talking about cookies. Then it’s frighteningly easy and clear. Cookies are my favorite.

But then the question becomes, what kind?

You can never go wrong with a classic chocolate chip cookie, but then sometimes you’re confronted with an amazing selection of omigod options.

Like I was at Hope’s Cookies inside Philadelphia’s Reading Terminal Market.

From chocolate raspberry to caramel pecan…

Oatmeal raisin to apricot almond….

Peanut butter to snickerdoodles…

I have to say, they looked so over-the-top ridiculous that I had low expectations. But I was blown away.

Each cookie was moist, sugary and buttery.



Every flavor was unique.


They were generously sized but not obscene.


And, well, I’m in trouble. Because I now know that Hope’s delivers.

4 comments:

Holiday Baker Man said...

Wow! Cool. Wish I had the guts to do this!

TinaRBK said...

Whoa! How lucky you are to have a strictly cookie bakery by you. If that is not enough-now they deliver? These pictures really convey that they know a thing or two about delicious cookies. I so wish I could go there. Thanks for sharing this!

cybele said...

Oh yes, they deliver. I got some for Christmas from my brother & sister in law. (Two of each, naturally.)

Linds Frank said...

I love Hope's Cookies! When I was studying at Penn State, my roommate's mom would send them to us as a special treat. We'd devour them within a day!