Sunday, March 04, 2012

A trip to Versailles

No, not that one. But an old-timey restaurant in Greenwich, Connecticut.

I had the happy occasion to indulge in brunch with a dear friend (eggs and mimosas!) in the chichi suburb. And while the Japanese couple seated next to us inspired with their ballsy order of steak and wine at barely noon, my idea of decadence was naturally on the sweeter side.

The dessert tray certainly had its temptations, from raspberry cheesecake...

...to apple galette.

But I went straight for the kill: a chocolate pistachio croissant.

Loaded with marzipan, studded with slabs of chocolate, and spackled with nuts, it was the last thing I needed.

And all the more delicious for it.

1 comment:

nycstylelittlecannoli said...

OMG What a place! I am drooling....thank you very much! Have a fabulous weekend!!